Let’s talk abs, the 6 pack or that toned stomach that you are after.
Your abs are made up of many different muscles so for them to develop properly it’s recommended that you train them in different angles to target them all efficiently. The muscles they are made up of are the:
- Rectus abdominals
- External obliques
- Transverse abdominals
Just liker any other muscle, for your mid section to develop properly, they will need to be trained in the same way you’d train any other muscle in your body, with progressive overload and working near your max. I’d recommend starting with the exercises that you find the most challenging and then work your way down to the easiest.
A typical routine id like to follow would be:
- A1. 3×12-15 hanging knee tucks
- B1. Cable crunches 3×12-15 reps
- C1. Cable horizontal chops 3×15
Rest period I will stick to anything from 30s to two minutes
You don’t need to over complicate your abs routine, id say the things that are most important are:
- Exercise execution
- Controlling the movement
- Your mind to muscle connection.
- Focus on managing your nutrition. It would help knowing how many calories that you are putting into your body daily so you can tailor your macros and calorie expenditure gradually until your abs are visible